Behavior Monitoring Scan EnhancementBehavior Monitoring works in conjunction with Web Reputation Services to verify the prevalence of files downloaded through HTTP channels. After detecting a "newly encountered" file, administrators can choose to prompt users before executing the file.Trend Micro classifies a program as newly encountered based on the number of file detections or historical age of the file as determined by the Smart Protection Network.
Virus Scan Performance EnhancementThe OfficeScan Virus Scan Engine (VSAPI 9.713) has been updated to improve file copying.
- Download the installer here.
- Install this enhancement only on OfficeScan 10.6 SP2 servers with Custom Defense Pack installed.
- Behavior Monitoring Scan Enhancement requires the following settings to be enabled:
- "Prompt users before executing newly encountered programs downloaded through HTTP (Server platforms excluded)" in the Behavior Monitoring Settings section on the Global Client Settings menu.
- Web reputation policy on the Web Reputation Settings menu.
- Unauthorized Change Prevention Service on the Additional Service Settings menu.
- Behavior Monitoring Scan Enhancement is designed for desktop machines. It doesn't work on server OS platforms.
- To enable Virus Scan Performance Enhancement:
- Choose to upgrade Virus Scan Engine to 9.713 during the installation wizard.
- Enable "Enable deferred scanning on file operations" on the Global Client Settings menu.