Create a Cloud Pre-Filter policy in IMSVA to provide email security services to a domain.
- Click Cloud Pre-Filter. The Cloud Pre-Filter Policy List screen appears.
- Click Add. The Step 1: Specify Domain and Destination Server screen appears.
- Provide the name of the domain to protect.
- Click Add under Specify Destination Server. The Destination Server screen appears. Specify the addresses of the domain's actual destination servers to allow Cloud Pre-Filter to relay messages to these servers after processing.
- Select one of the following from the Address Type drop-down list:
- IP address: IP address of the MTA or IMSVA that receives email messages from Cloud Pre-Filter
- A record: Hostname Cloud Pre-Filter uses for DNS lookup
- MX record: Mail exchange record Cloud Pre-Filter uses for DNS lookup
- Provide an address for IMSVA in the Address field.
- Provide a port number for communication between IMSVA and Trend Micro Email Security SaaS Solutions. The default value is port 25.
- Provide a value for Priority for the destination server.
The Priority option specifies routing priority for the destination servers. Cloud Pre-Filter service will attempt to route messages to servers with higher priority values first. The lower the number, the higher the priority.
- Click Add. The Step 1: Specify Domain and Destination Server screen appears, with IMSVA’s details in the Destination Server list.
- Click Next. The Step 2: Specify Sender conditions screen appears.
- Click Add to add an entry to the list. The Add Approved/Blocked Sender List screen appears.
- Provide an email address or IP address.
- Click Add beside the IP Address and Email Address fields. The entry appears in the list.
The wildcard character * may be used to specify any string in the local-part (email@example.com) of email addresses. Use wildcard characters with caution as they may allow or block messages from a large set of email addresses.
- Click Add under the list. The entry appears in the specified list.
- To import entries to the approved or blocked senders list:
When using the import function, use a text file with only one full email or IP address per line.
When importing sender addresses, ensure that you select the correct import mode. Selecting to replace addresses will delete all existing addresses from the list.
- Click Import for the specified list. A dialog box appears.
- Specify the file to import.
- Click Import. The list displays the imported entries.
- Select Enable valid recipient check.
- Select Synchronize LDAP server with Cloud Pre-Filter daily.
- Click Next. The Step 3: Select Filter screen appears.
- Specify the status for the filters.
- Specify the action for the filters.
- Click Finish. Cloud Pre-Filter Policy List appears with the domain appearing in the list. The status for the filters display along with the domain.