- Click the Administration tab. In the column on the left, click Web Applications.
- On the Web Applications page, click the URL of the web application that you want to edit.
- Under General Settings, enter this information and then click Update:
- Change Subscription Type: Depending on your product license, you may be able to select Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise. The remaining numbers of subscriptions available for your account are also listed here.
- Subscription Status: Select Enable to run scans on the web application as scheduled, or select Disabled to stop all scans on the web application.
- Description: Add a brief description of the web application that will help you to identify it in the list of web applications.
- Click Access Control. The Administrators without Site access column lists all of the administrators associated with your account. The people listed in the Administrators with Site Access column will be able to make changes to the settings for this web application. Use the arrow buttons to move administrators from one column to the other. The single arrow buttons move the selected administrator. The double arrow buttons move all administrators from one column to the other. When you have finished making changes, click Update.
If you want to add any administrators who are not listed here, you will first need to add them to your account. You can continue with this procedure and then edit the web application later to add the missing administrators.
- Under Current Scan Status, you can start each type of scan (Platform Scanning, Application Scanning, Malware Detection), or click Stop to stop a scan that is currently running.
- Click Recurring Scans. This is where you specify which scans should be run for the web application, and when they should be run.
If the status of the web application is "Pending", you can select one of these options:
There are three types of scans available:
- Start the first scans immediately after the web application is verified by support
- Start the first scans based on First Scan date and Time selected below
To enable a type of scanning, set its Status to Enabled. Then, select a scan frequency (Monthly, Weekly, or Continuous) from the Schedule list. Note that if you select "Continuous", the scans are not performed back-to-back, but they are performed daily.If you selected the Start the first scans based on First Scan date and Time selected below option, set the First Scan Date and First Scan Time. When you have finished making changes, click Update.Note: All times are in Standard Time and will not be adjusted for Daylight Savings Time. If you observe Daylight Savings Time, you will notice that the scan time may be off by an hour. For example, if you set scanning to start at 10 pm during Standard Time, it will run at 11 pm when Daylight Savings Time begins.If you want to suspend a scan, set its scan Status to Disabled.Note: The scanning will increase the load on your systems, so you should schedule scans for times when your site is typically not busy.
- Platform Scanning: Finds vulnerabilities in your web server, operating system, and third-party components
- Application Scanning: Provides comprehensive unlimited deep web app scanning for all web threats
- Malware Detection: Finds malware in web applications by complete link and content analysis
- Under One-time Scans, you can add scans that you can run on an as-needed basis. To add a scan, click Add Scan. In the window that appears, select a Scan Type (Platform Scanning, Application Scanning, Malware Detection) and then set the Start Date and Start Time. Click OK.To delete an existing scan, select the checkbox next to the scan and click Delete Scan.
- Click Notifications. This is where you specify who will receive email notifications for this web application. To add a recipient, click Add Notification. In the window that appears, select the recipient's address from the list provided, then select the type (Platform Scanning Results, Application Scanning Results, Malware Detection Results) and severity (Critical, High, Medium, Low, Info) of notifications that will be sent to the recipient. Click OK.
To edit the notification settings for an existing recipient, click the recipient's email address in the Email Notifications table and edit the settings in the window that appears.To remove a recipient, select the checkbox next to their name and click Delete. In the confirmation window that appears, click OK.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Editing web application settings in Deep Security for Web Apps
Thank you for your feedback!