Trend Micro adapt its technology constantly from the ever-changing threat landscape to keep the customers protected.
Trend Micro released an important enhancement for Smart Protection Server (TMSPS) to accommodate a new Web Blocking List format that helps to deliver the following:
- Better performance
- More efficient use of bandwidth
- Reducing the overall memory usage of TMSPS.
TMSPS will download a full version of the updated Web Blocking List (approximately 200 MB), and will begin using this new format after important enhancement has been applied.
If you are using Control Manager (TMCM) as internal update source of TMSPS, you must apply a corresponding TMCM hot fix to support this new Web Blocking List format.
Apply the following updates to use the important Web Blocking List format:
For Integrated Smart Scan server:
- Critical Patch 2383 for OfficeScan 10.5 with Integrated Smart Scan Server installed
- Critical Patch 3374 for OfficeScan 10.6 SP2 with Integrated Smart Scan Server installed
For Standalone Smart Scan server:
For Control Manager:
- The TMCM 5.5 hot fixes are based on TMCM 5.5 SP1 Patch 3.
- The TMCM 6.0 hot fixes are based on TMCM 6.0 Patch 3.
|Language||TMCM||Hot Fix Number|
Customers who do not apply this hot fix in a timely manner may begin to experience higher bandwidth usage due to an increasing size of the older traditional Web Blocking List.
To get the hot fixes, request the file from Trend Micro Technical Support. For Premium Support Program (PSP) clients, contact your Technical Account Manager (TAM).
Trend Micro recommends to apply this enhancement to get the best performance and protection against the ever-changing threat landscape.