The issue occurs under the following circumstances:
Note: All conditions must be met.
- This issue occurs only on Windows Server 2003, not 2008 or later.
- This may occur when no user logged on to the system. System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) was used during deployment which doesn't require a user login to launch the silent installation.
- Command type TMHF_ RunAtHideDialog is used on hotfix.ini.
- OfficeScan was deployed using silent installation.
Note: The TMHF_ RunAtHideDialog command type exists only on SP2, not SP1.
To fix this issue, the current workaround is to update hotfix.ini before deployment:
- Open hotfix.ini.
- Comment out all “Run*.CommandType=TMHF_ RunAtHideDialog” by adding a semicolon at the beginning of the line and save.
- Start the deployment.