When you install in-guest DSA on Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS) 6.0 environment, a conflict with the Citrix Target Device driver occurs.
The DSA driver, tbimdsa, uses the custom FilterClass which is layered under the failover FilterClass. If an NDIS intermediate driver or another network driver loads using a FilterClass layered below the failover one, the Citrix Target Device driver cannot connect to the provisioning server. The same issue happens when Microsoft pass-through filter driver loads using custom FilterClass.
We are currently waiting for Citrix to address this issue.
If you want to install DSA on a Windows operating system connected to a PVS server via disk provisioning, the temporary workaround is to change the tbimdsa driver loading order from PNP_TDI to NDIS during system startup.
To manually change the tbimdsa driver loading order:
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tbimdsa.
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Change the values of the following to allow tbimdsa driver to load after Citrix driver:
- String Group: from “PNP_TDI” to “NDIS”
- DWORD Start: from “3” to “0”
- Reboot the machine. The PVS Target Device will connect to the vDisk upon bootup.