Limitations were found after testing Trend Micro Smart Protection Server (TMSPS) 2.5 and 2.6 in Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V (Hyper-V 3.0).
Here are the test results:
- Installing TMSPS 2.5/2.6 with a legacy network adapter by default.
- Running a major functionality on Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
- Enabling Hyper-V IC via TMSPS CLI or the official Hyper-V IC from Microsoft.
- Currently, Windows Server 2012 (Hyper-V 3.0) can only use Hyper-V IC v3.3.
- Hyper-V IC v3.3 only support CentOS 6.0 or above, and the kernel of TMSPS 2.5/2.6 is CentOS v5.2.
- As a result, TMSPS 2.5/2.6 cannot benefit from the higher capacity gained by enabling Hyper-V IC.