Administrators cannot view the OfficeScan (OSCE) management console properly in the following situations:
- The console password was lost or forgotten.
- HTTP Errors (i.e. 40x, 50x) appear when the web console is accessed.
- Various error messages are displayed in different sections/widgets of the console.
- The OfficeScan virtual directories become corrupted, or have incorrect access permissions.
Learn the solutions and recommendations to reestablish access to the console.
To reset the management console password, visit the following link:
HTTP 400 errors:
HTTP Error 404 status code tells a Web user that a requested page is "Not found." Visit this article for more information:
A web server may return a 403 Forbidden HTTP status code in response to a request from a client for a web page to indicate that the server can be reached and understood the request, but refuses to take any further action.
HTTP 401.1 is encountered when the authentication process fails in some way — either because the mechanism that IIS used to obtain the credentials has failed or because the credentials themselves are invalid. Visit this article for more information:
HTTP error code 403.1 means execute access is forbidden. To resolve the issue, check the Execute Permissions of the OSCE virtual directory:
- Go to the Internet Information Services (IIS) manager.
- In the OSCE virtual directory, go to Properties > Virtual Directory tab.
- Set the execute permissions from "none" to "Scripts".
- Change the Execute Permissions of the client install virtual directory.
HTTP 500 errors:
HTTP error code 500.19 means configuration data is invalid. Visit this article for more information:
HTTP error code 500.0 means module or ISAPI error occurred. Visit this article for more information:
HTTP error code 502.2 means bad gateway: Premature Exit. Visit this article for more information:
HTTP error code 503.2 means concurrent request limit exceeded. Visit this article for more information:
Solutions if the error message appears on the summary page:
- The message "Unable to display data because of unexpected error..." appears on the Summary screen of the OfficeScan web console
- "Server Error" or "PHP Error" appears on the Summary Page of the OfficeScan management console
- Viewing the Summary page of OfficeScan 10.6 prompts users to Open or Save index.php
- “Page cannot be displayed…” appears when accessing the OfficeScan management console
Other areas of the OfficeScan web console:
Solutions if the error appears in other areas of the web console:
- A Windows authentication prompt appears when launching the OfficeScan web console
- Unable to open the web console after the OfficeScan server joined a domain
- "Internal Server Error" appears when accessing the OfficeScan console Product License page
- "Service Unavailable" message appears when opening the OfficeScan 10.6 web console after installation
- "Unable to display data because of an unexpected error..." message appears on the PLM tab of OfficeScan web console
When the OfficeScan virtual directories get corrupted or the OfficeScan Master service fails to install, refer to the following articles: