Learn how to manually update the Damage Cleanup Engine (DCE) and Damage Cleanup Template (DCT) on a Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) Security Server and deploy the files to the clients.
o manually update the DCE/DCT of the WFBS server:
- Download the latest DCT from Download Center.
- Extract the tsc.exe and tsc.ptn files from the tsc.zip file to the ..\PCCSRV\Admin folder.
- Overwrite any existing file.
- Wait a few minutes for the Security Server to apply the update.
The Security Server will deploy the DCE/DCT files to the clients automatically.
o verify if the DCE/DCT has been updated, do any or both of the following:
- Check the Hotfix.ini file in the ..\PCCSRV\download folder.
- Verify if the HotfixNT.txt and Hotfix_X64.txt ( if there is a new tsc64 engine ) files are recreated after a few minutes.
- Verify the new timestamp in the file.
Example: HotFix=20090212122316 --> 02/12 2009 12:23 GMT
- Check if the modified date of the following files reflect the current date: