Get information about the known issues in SafeSync for Enterprise (SSFE) 2.1.
- Creating new plans and policies fails when using the default build of Internet Explorer (IE) 10 on Windows 8.
Solution/Workaround: Launch Windows Update and install the latest IE 10 update from Microsoft.
- Looping groups in Active Directory (AD) may result to some groups showing multiple times when importing AD Integration groups.
Solution/Workaround: N/A. No functional impact.
- The login page layout is obscured when using Windows 8 and the default IE 10 build.
Solution/Workaround: Launch Windows Update and install the latest IE10 update from Microsoft.
- Web page title shows the shared link URL after you copy the share link.
Solution/Workaround: N/A. This is an IE behavior. No functional impact.
- A 0-byte file will be created on the SafeSync server when an upload process is canceled while using HTML5 upload.
Solution/Workaround: You can upload the file again and overwrite the 0-byte file. No functional impact.
- If the license seat count has been exceeded, uploading new files to the server will create incomplete files with 0-byte size.
Solution/Workaround: Purchase additional license or delete/disable the exceeded number of users.
- Windows MSI package installer for SSFE 2.1 does not support upgrading an older version of SafeSync client. Upgrade will always fail.
- Use the executable (.exe) installer to upgrade SafeSync client
- Uninstall SSFE 2.0 client first then install 2.1 using the MSI package.
- Users of Windows XP are not able to open encrypted pictures using the built-in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
- Change the default picture viewer to MSPaint
- Decrypt the file first before opening
Team folder files will be downloaded if user keeps the customize page of Sync tab open. It is under Preference > Sync > Customize. It takes few seconds to open this page.
Solution/Workaround: N/A. This occurs only during first time user login. Users can still configure and adjust the sync folders normally.
- Outlook 2013 will pop-up a message saying "SafeSync Outlook Extension is slow to launch". This is due to Outlook's performance criteria for add-ins. For more info, refer to the Microsoft article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj228679#ol15WhatsNew_AddinDisabling
- Click the Ignore button.
- If Outlook extension has been disabled, click the Always enable this add-in option.
- Outlook plug-in cannot be activated, if the user is using Hotmail service.
Solution/Workaround: N/A. SSFE does not support Hotmail service.
If Android device is rebooted while a user is signed in to SafeSync, the user is automatically signed in again even if the Remember me option was not checked.
Solution/Workaround: N/A. User session becomes invalid after 12 hours. Then the user will have to sign in again.
- After updating the safeSync App, all files will have to be re-downloaded to the device.
Solution/Workaround: N/A. This is an iOS implementation issue. App stored files are actually located in cache. iOS will delete those files in cache when the App is upgraded.
- iOS app is unable to play and stream the encrypted mp3/video files
Solution/Workaround: Download and decrypt the file first before playing.