When you encounter issues with the IWSVA database such as browsing issue, slow communication, crash issue, and disk space issue, you can recreate the IWSVA database.
Perform the following procedures during off-peak hours or schedule a downtime maintenance to reduce business impact on the customer's environment. Before recreating the IWSVA database, you must back up the current database first.
- Open IWSVA SSH console and login as root.
- Run "su - iscan" to change the current user to iScan.
- Run "mkdir /tmp/backup" to create the backup directory.
Run the backup script using the following command:
/usr/iwss/bin/db_backup.sh localhost 5432 sa iwss manual /tmp/backup all
This script creates a database backup located on the /tmp/backup folder. Below is the format of the backup filename:
backup.all.yyyy-mm-dd (e.g. backup.all.2010-07-31)
B. Recreate the database:
- Open the IWSVA SSH console and login as root.
- Run the following commands:
- /etc/iscan/S99ISdatabase stop
- rm -rf /var/iwss/postgres/pgdata/*
- /usr/iwss/rcIwss restart
The new database password for the SA and iScan users are generated and stored in the /etc/iscan/.pgpass file.