To resolve this issue, apply DCE 7.0 Hot Fix Build - 1039.
This hotfix will set Regbootclean's auto start to "RunOnce". This will ensure that Regbootclean will only auto start once upon reboot.
And when Regbootclean calls TSC to do a GC cleanup, the following settings on the tsc.ini file will be ignored:
NOTICE: This hot fix was developed as a workaround or solution to a customer-reported problem. As such, this hot fix has received limited testing and has not been certified as an official product update. Consequently, THIS HOT FIX IS PROVIDED "AS IS". TREND MICRO MAKES NO WARRANTY OR PROMISE ABOUT THE OPERATION OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS HOT FIX NOR DOES IT WARRANT THAT THIS HOT FIX IS ERROR FREE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TREND MICRO DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
To install this hot fix on OfficeScan clients:
- Unload the OfficeScan client.
- On x86 platforms, backup and replace tsc.exe.
On x64 platforms, backup and replace tsc.exe and tsc64.exe.
* tsc.exe and tsc64.exe are both located in the ...\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\ directory
- Reload the OfficeScan client.
To deploy this hotfix to multiple Officescan clients:
- On the Officescan server, go to the ...\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Admin directory and backup the existing tsc.exe and tsc64.exe.
- Extract the hotfix file and copy the new tsc64.exe and tsc.exe files into the PCCSRV folder.
- Open the Officescan Web Console and go to Networked Computers > Global Client Settings
- Click "Save" and wait for a few minutes for the update to reach affected clients.
- Verify if the issue is solved
For more information, refer to the attached Readme