Meerkat is a detection improvement in common clients to prevent 0-day attacks. This feature leverages Behavior Monitoring and Web Reputation, thus both must be enabled for Meerkat Blocking to function properly.
Below is a sample pop-up message when Meerkat blocks a program:
By default, the pop-up message will only appear once.
The program or file will be blocked after 30 seconds if you do not click the Allow once button.
To enable Meerkat Blocking:
- Log in to the WFBS Security Server console.
- Go to Security Settings > Desktop (defaults) > Configure Settings.
- On the left pane, click Web Reputation and make sure it is enabled.
- Go back to the left pane and select Behavior Monitoring.
- Make sure that the Enable Behavior Monitoring checkbox is ticked.
- Tick the Prompt users before executing newly encountered programs through HTTP or email applications option as well.
Click image to enlarge.
- Click Save.