Know what are the possible drawbacks if DDI is not connected to the Internet. This article also tells you if you need an offline Activation Code (AC) during deployment if DDI does not have Internet access.
When DDI is not connected to the Internet the following scenarios happen:
- You need to build a Smart Protection Server (SPS). The SPS server must be reachable from DDI and must have Internet access so that DDI can update components from it.
- Virtual Analyzer will have to analyze more files because it cannot connect to the GRID.
- Virtual Analyzer may not work properly because it cannot generate Internet connections during analysis.
- You cannot use Trend Micro's Threat Management Services Portal (TMSP) because DDI cannot upload logs to TMSP.
- DDI cannot update license information from the Trend Micro PR server.
If you are deploying DDI without Internet connection, you do not need a special AC. You can use your regular AC.