OfficeScan includes a framework called Plug-In Manager that integrates new solutions into the existing OfficeScan environment.
These solutions are licensed separately and activated through Plug-In Manager. For example, the Virtual Desktop Support is managed from Plug-In Manager, whereas Data Loss Prevention is managed from the OfficeScan web console. The other type of plug-in program is Security for Mac, which is not part of the OfficeScan program, the program has its own licenses and is managed mainly from its own management consoles, which are accessible from within the OfficeScan Plug-in Manager console.
In the Plug-In Manager console, use the console to download, install, and manage the program. Plug-In Manager downloads the installation package for a plug-in program from the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate server or from a custom update source. Configure settings and perform program-related tasks from the plug-in program’s management console, tasks include activating the program and deploying its client-side agent to endpoints.
Installing a Plug-in Program
- Open the OfficeScan web console and click Plug-in Manager in the main menu.
- On the Plug-in Manager screen, go to the plug-in program section and click Download. The size of the plug-in program package displays beside the Download button. Plug-in Manager stores the downloaded package to <Server installation folder>\PCCSRV\Download\Product.
- Monitor the download progress. You can navigate away from the screen during the download. After Plug-in Manager downloads the package, the plug-in program displays in a new screen.
- Click Install Now or Install Later.
- If you clicked Install Now, check the installation progress.
- If you clicked Install Later, access the Plug-in Manager screen, go to the plug-in program section, click Install, and then check the installation progress.
After the installation, the current plug-in program version displays. You can then start managing the plug-in program.
Managing a Plug-in Program
- Open the OfficeScan web console and click Plug-in Manager.
- On the Plug-in Manager screen, go to the plug-in program section and click Manage Program.