TMCM/Apex Central has a functionality wherein you can set to lock an account temporarily if failed log in attempts reach a certain number. This feature is applicable to non-domain accounts. Failed domain account log ins are determined by the Group Policy settings of the domain.
To set the number of failed log in attempts before a non-domain account is temporarily locked:
- Open the TMCM/Apex Central console.
- Go to Administration > Settings > Web Console Settings.
- Make sure that the Enable web console security option is ticked.
- On the Consecutive logon attempts field, indicate how many failed log in attempts are allowed before a non-domain account is temporarily locked out.
- On the Account lock duration field, set how long (in minutes) the account will be temporarily locked out. After the duration you've set, the account will be unlocked.
- Click the Save button to apply the changes.