- Log in to the SSFE server shell or command-line interface (CLI).
- Create a temporary directory to store the new kernel using the commands:
# mkdir /tmp/new-kernel
# cd /tmp/new-kernel
- Download the Linux image to upgrade the kernel using the command:
# wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux-lts-raring/linux-image-3.8.0-29-generic_3.8.0-29.42~precise1_amd64.deb
- After the file has been downloaded completely, verify the file checksum using the command:
# sha1sum linux-image-3.8.0-29-generic_3.8.0-29.42~precise1_amd64.debMake sure the value of sha1 is a0bfd9da477fc956600ea754c2124042ae62eea9.
- Install the kernel upgrade by running the command:
# sudo dpkg -i linux-image-3.8.0-29-generic_3.8.0-29.42~precise1_amd64.deb
- Once the upgrade process is done, reboot the server by running the command:
# sudo reboot
- After the reboot, verify that the kernel has been upgraded to 3.8.0 using the command:
# uname –a
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Slow network performance after setting up SafeSync for Enterprise (SSFE) 2.1 in a Microsoft Hyper-V server
Thank you for your feedback!