When deploying an EAC agent from the OfficeScan Plug-in Manager Service (PLS), you see the "installing..." status but the process is not completed.
This issue usually happens when the Application Control (AC) agent component was initially installed to an OfficeScan agent with a stand-alone installer. To resolve this issue, you have to uninstall the existing AC agent and redeploy it from the OfficeScan Plug-in Manager.
To resolve this:
- Make sure that the AC agent is not installed on the target:
Uninstall the AC Agent from the Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features. You may also uninstall it manually by deleting the agent's registry keys and install folders.
- Log on to the target endpoint and open the Command prompt.
- Run the following SC commands to verify if the AC agent services and drivers are not installed:
>sc query acagentservice
>sc query acagentdriver
>sc query acagentdriverhelper
- If you get the following response for each query, it means that the AC agent is not installed:
- Verify that the target OfficeScan agents can connect to the EAC server.
- Log on to the OfficeScan Web Management Console and go to Plug-ins tab.
- Look for the Trend Micro Endpoint Application Control Agent Deployment Tool and click Manage Program.
- Go to the Server Settings tab and take note of the "Server name or IP address:" as well as the "Port:" of the EAC Server.
Verify the AC server ports and addresses used in the EAC Web Management Console and look for the Server Summary widget found in the Dashboard.
- Use the Telnet command below to verify agent connectivity to the server:
>telnet hostname_ip_fqdn 4343As an example, "telnet acserver.domain.com 4343".
- Reset the agent status from "Installing..." to "Not Installed" to redeploy EAC Agent.
- In the OfficeScan Web Management Console, go to Agents > Agent Management.
- Select and remove the target computer.
- Go to Plug-ins tab and manage the Trend Micro Endpoint Application Control Agent Deployment Tool.
- Go to Agent Management and click Synchronize with OfficeScan.
- Click Close to close the Synchronize with OfficeScan dialog box.
- Verify that the removed OSCE Agent no longer appears on the list.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes for the OSCE Agent to reappear or you can run IpXfer Tool to force it to re-register itself to OSCE Server.
Alternately, you can do the same "reset status" steps without the need to run IpXfer Tool or wait for the removed agents to report back to the server by following the KB article, How to reset the status of an endpoint to "Not Installed" in the Endpoint Application Control (EAC) Plug-in Manager Service. This can save you time when waiting for the agents to reappear on the OfficeScan Web Console after removing them from the list of managed agents.
- Once the agent reappears in the Agent Management tree view, repeat steps c, d and e, to synchronize the OfficeScan Agent and verify that it is back in the list, but the status should be "Not Installed".
- Select the agent and install the AC Agent component.
- Wait for at least 5mins and verify the result.
- The AC Agent is installed when you see the following status.