From the Control Manager (TMCM) Settings page of OSCE, the administrator can enable a two-way communication between OSCE and TMCM. Learn the purpose of this function and the process to activate it.
When the TMCM server and OSCE server are separated, either by a NAT router or a firewall, you cannot establish a two-way communication without the port forwarding or port mapping. These must be configured on the gateway devices to ensure both ends communicate openly.
The Two Way Communication Port Forwarding option allows OSCE and other managed product agents to communicate with the TMCM server. This is necessary when the TMCM server is located on a different network using the configured port number and the IP address on the gateway devices to allow the communication traffic.
To enable Two Way Communication Port Forwarding:
- Do one of the following on the OfficeScan console:
- For OSCE 11.0, click Administration > Settings > Control Manager.
- For OSCE 10.6, click Administration and select Control Manager Settings.
- Navigate to the Two Way Communication Port Forwarding section.
- Tick the Enable two way communication port forwarding check box to activate a real-time connection between the OfficeScan and Control Manager.
- On the IP address field, enter the IP address to use for port forwarding.
- Type the port number on the Port field to use for port forwarding.