The dce65.nfc.trendmicro.com is the URL of Damage Cleanup Engine (DCE) 6.5 for the normal file checking. This process checks if the file is in the white list. When DCE detects or cleans a file, it will do a normal file check using dce65.nfc.trendmicro.com. This prevents DCE from cleaning a file within the white list.
NFC is a normal file check. It has a collection of verified good or non-malicious files as a database. The said collection is used to minimize the occurrence of false alarms. You can disable this by deactivating the Certified Safe Software Service in the OfficeScan console.
To disable this:
- From the OfficeScan console, go to Networked Computers.
- Click Global Client Settings.
- Disable the Certified Safe Software Service.
For OSCE XG:
- From the OfficeScan console, go to Agents.
- Click Global Agent Settings.
- Go to the System section and disable the Certified Safe Software Service.