You installed an OfficeScan (OSCE) 11.0 agent on a server Windows 2008 R2 with Terminal services. When the you right-click the agent and select Scan now, it does not work.
The manual scan displays "0%" progress in OfficeScan agent even when it only scans one file or few folders. This also happens on both Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit platforms.
By default, the scanning process checks the digital signature in IPC. Upon checking the ofcdebug log, it shows that the signature verification failed, thus, the error occurs.
2014 07/31 13:32:41 [0e1c : 0b78] (00) (D) [-IPC-][tmlisten.exe][VerifyEmbeddedSignature] Fail to verify the signature of the file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\tmlisten.exe) with error code (0x80096005). - [fio_FileIO.cpp(354)]
2014 07/31 13:32:41 [0e1c : 0b78] (00) (D) [-IPC-][tmlisten.exe]COIPCObj::IsTrendMicroSignedProcess - Fail to verify the digital signature of the file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\tmlisten.exe), cancel to add the PID to exception. - [OIPCObj.cpp(1899)]
To resolve the issue, disable this feature:
- Stop the OfficeScan Master Service.
- Back up and edit the ofcscan.ini file under PCCSRV directory.
- Add "CheckDigitalSignatureForUpgrade=0" in the Global settings section.
- On the OfficeScan web console, go to Agents > Global Agent Settings.
- Click Save to deploy the global settings to the OfficeScan agent.
- Go to the OSCE agent side (Terminal server) and update it.
- Check if the following registry is present in the OSCE agent:
- Wait for five (5) minutes and verify again.
If the issue still persists, collect the following and send to Trend Micro Technical Support:
- Case Diagnostic Tool logs