When you install an Apex One / OfficeScan agent in a Windows Embedded 8.1 environment where Unified Write Filter (UWF) is enabled and exclusions have been set, the UWF may cause disk corruption and Apex One / OfficeScan may not start.
To resolve the issue above, do one of the following workarounds:
- Option A: Clear the exclusion list in UWF.
- Launch the Embedded Lockdown Manager.
- Click Unified Writer Filter in the left panel.
- Select File Exclusion.
- Delete all the files and folders in the right panel.
- Reboot the machine.
- Option B: Disable the UWF entirely.
After doing any of the workarounds, Apex One / OfficeScan should work without issue in the Windows Embedded 8.1 environment described above.