When you install an OSCE agent in a Windows Embedded 8.1 environment where Unified Write Filter (UWF) is enabled and exclusions have been set, the UWF may cause disk corruption and OSCE may not start.
To resolve the issue above, do one of the following workarounds:
- Option A: Clear the exclusion list in UWF.
- Launch the Embedded Lockdown Manager.
- Click Unified Writer Filter in the left panel.
- Select File Exclusion.
- Delete all the files and folders in the right panel.
- Reboot the machine.
- Option B: Disable the UWF entirely.
After doing any of the workarounds, OSCE should work without issue in the Windows Embedded 8.1 environment described above.