- From the SMEX console, go to Updates > Download Source.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Trend Micro ActiveUpdate server - This is Trend Micro's update server that requires Internet connection.
- Other Update Source - This option can be used if you have another server such as Control Manager (TMCM) or a file server where you place the updates.
- Select the Allow other servers to download updates from this server option at the bottom of the Download Source page.
- Perform a manual or scheduled update to let the source SMEX server downloads all the update components.
- Locate the directory \Program Files\Trend Micro\ScanMail\web\activeupdate.
- Share the ActiveUpdate folder.
- Right-click the ActiveUpdate folder and select Properties.
- Select the Sharing tab and click Share.
- Execute \\servername in the Run command to check if the other SMEX servers can access the shared directory of the resource server. When the ActiveUpdate folder appears, it means the connection is properly configured.
- Configure the other SMEX servers to use \\servername\ActiveUpdate.
- Go to the SMEX web console of the other server.
- Navigate to Updates > Download Sources.
- Select the Intranet location containing a copy of the current file option.
- Enter the UNC path of the folder below:
- Specify the user name and password if necessary.
- Save the changes.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Configuring a ScanMail for Exchange (SMEX) server to act as update source for other servers
Category:Configure; Troubleshoot; Update
Thank you for your feedback!