When installing patches, service packs, and hot fixes, TMCM is using the account logged in to execute the package installation. If the user account does not have access to the SQL Server, then the patch installation will fail
If TMCM is using Windows Authentication to connect SQL server, it is mandatory to use same account as logon user to install hotfix/patch/service pack.
Verify if TMCM is using Windows Authentication or not:
- Open the Services applet.
- Locate the following services:
- Trend Micro Control Manager
- Trend Micro Management Infrastructure
- Check if the services are using Windows accounts. If yes then TMCM is using Windows Authentication.
- If the services are using Local System accounts it means TMCM is using SQL authentication. Logged on user does not matter when install packages.