Enable verbose logging in IWSVA to get the necessary information used for analysis by Trend Micro Technical Support.
The Authentication daemon (AuthDaemon) performs LDAP user identification functions for the Scanning daemon and Application Control daemon. It performs LDAP group membership queries and calls the WMI daemon to perform transparent user identification.
To enable AuthDaemon verbose logging:
- Connect to the IWSVA server via SSH.
- Log in as "root".
- Edit the /etc/iscan/commonldap/LdapSetting.ini file.
- Search for the following parameter and set verbose to "yes".
# set auth daemon to debug mode
- Restart the authentication service using the following command:
# /etc/iscan/S99ISAuthDaemon restart
- Start a packet capture in the web console. Go to Administration > Support > Network Packet Capturing.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Stop the packet capture in Step 6.
- Revert the setting in Step 4 by changing the verbose value to "no".
Using the above procedure, you can get system information file and network packet capture in IWSVA.