- Make sure you have the latest version of Trend Micro SafeSync. To check if you have the latest version, refer to the folowing KB article: Checking if you have the latest version of Trend Micro SafeSync installed.
- Do either of the following:
- If you have an older version installed: Upgrade your program.
- If you already have the latest version: Proceed to the next step.
- Do either of the following: Check the SafeSync folder configuration (Selective Sync):
Delete the state files:For Windows operating systems:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro SafeSync > SafeSync Settings.
- Click the Sync tab.
- Click Customize under the Trend Micro SafeSync folder.
- Make sure that the missing folder you are looking for is ticked.
For Mac OS X operating systems:
- Delete the following state files: state.remote.last
state.local.lastThese files can be found in the following folders:For Windows XP: C:\Document and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\For Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Trend Micro\OSDP\
- Turn off the Trend Micro SafeSync by right-clicking the Trend Micro SafeSync icon on your system tray, then selecting Exit.
- Open your Trend Micro SafeSync Smart Drive again and let it finish updating the file database.
- Click Go > Home.
- Go to Library, then double-click the Application Support folder.
- Right-click the email address you use with your Trend Micro SafeSync registration, then select Show Package Contents.
- Open the root folder, and then delete all state files inside.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Files and folders do not appear in the SafeSync folder
Thank you for your feedback!