You are unable to install Trend Micro Security for Mac (TMSM) 2.0 and getting either of the following errors messages:
An error in the Plug-in Service program occurred. Unable to install the Trend Micro Security (for Mac) server. Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008 R2 SP1 is required for installation.
An error in the Plug-in Service program occurred. Unable to install the Trend Micro Security (for Mac) server. An error occurred during the installation of Microsoft SQL Server Express
The issue still persists even after following the solutions provided in these KB articles:
To manually install TMSM 2.0:
- Run “Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\SQL\SQL.exe” and select new installation. Install the SQL Server Express with “TMSM” as the instance name.
- If you are performing the TMSM server installation on a Domain Controller (DC), configure to use an existing domain account other than the two (2) built-in accounts namely Local Service and Network Service.
- Set the password for system administrator (sa) account.
- Download PSTools.zip from Microsoft web site.
- Extract the TMSMDBPassword.zip file and place it to OfficeScan server.
Extract PSTools.zip and TMSMDBPassword.zip files to temporary directory position. For example: C:\Pstools.
- Using an administrator account, open a command prompt (cmd.exe).
- Go to the C:\Pstools folder by issuing a CD command.
- Type the following command:
PsExec.exe -s -i cmd.exe
- A new command prompt, which now has system privileges, opens. In this new command window, run the following commands to set the TMSM DB password by using the same sa password set in Step 1:
TMSMDBPassword [SA Password]
For example: TMSMDBPassword Password
Finish the installation by following the installation wizard.