You notice that spam mails that are quarantined are not appearing in the EUQ web console.
This issue happens if the following configuration are used:
- The LDAP server assigned is not Microsoft Active Directory (e.g. you are using OpenLDAP or Domino server).
- On the Admin WebUI, the "Allow end users to retrieve quarantined email messages with alias email addresses" option is selected.
- The email address in the LDAP server is not properly assigned to the user.
If you check the imssmgr.<date>.<count> log, you'll see error messages similar to:
imssmgr.20140708.0001:2014/07/08 02:24:29 GMT+08:00 [16255:3863243664] [DETAIL][EUQSynchThd] Can not find the user which email is firstname.lastname@example.org, remove the message 73B49D81-FD9E-9404-A0EA-B10E7BFEA0DA action
The Allow end users to retrieve quarantined email messages with alias email addresses option should only be selected if the LDAP server is Microsoft Active Directory.
To resolve the issue:
- Access the IMSVA console.
- Go to Administration > End-User Quarantine > User Quarantine Access.
- Untick the Allow end users to retrieve quarantined email messages with alias email addresses option.
- Save the new settings.
Check the LDAP server to confirm if the email address is properly assigned to the user. The following sceenshot shows a sample on the Microsoft Active Directory:
When using IBM Domino LDAP Server, IMSVA recognizes only the first SMTP email address specified in the Internet Address field of an account. This means that policy matching and EUQ only identify the user’s first SMTP email address when processing messages.
If the email address is correctly assigned to the user but the emails are still not showing in the EUQ console, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.
You may also choose to collect the logs:
- On the IMSVA console, go to Logs > Settings.
- Application log detail level drop-down, select Debug.
- Save the new settings.
- Send a test email that should be visible on the EUQ console.
- Wait for at least 10 minutes and then confirm that the issue is reproduced.
- Go back to the IMSVA console and click Administration > Export Debugging Files.
- Click Export and wait until the Save button becomes available (not grayed out).
- Save the file.
- Disable the debug level. Go to Logs > Settings > Application log detail level and select Normal.
- Save the new settings and then send the logs that you generated to Trend Micro Technical Support.