The issue occurs because the installer is still on SQL 2005 Express, which does not work with Windows Server 2012.
- Navigate to ..\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\SQL folder.
- Rename the SQL.exe (e.g SQL_bak.exe or SQL_old.exe).
- Create a copy of SQL_2008.exe on the same folder, which is located on the same folder, and rename it as SQL.exe.
- Run the installation for the TMSM plugin.
- Get a screenshot of the error message.
- Gather all the logs under the C:\ drive. The logs are in TMSM_*.txt.
- Send the files mentioned above to Trend Micro Technical Support.