- Check the version of your SafeSync program:
- Right-click the SafeSync icon in your system tray, then select Configure.
- Click the Updates tab.
- Look for the Compile Version, then do either of the following:
If the version is 3.3 or lower:
If the version is 5.0 or higher, you already have the latest version installed.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program
- Select SafeSync from the list, then click Uninstall or Remove.
- Download the latest installer from the Trend Micro website, then install your program.
- Check and end all processes and programs that are running the files using the Task Manager:
- Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE.
- Click Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Select the process that may use the file, then click End Process.
- Verify the file extension of the locked file.
Note: Below are the file extensions of common documents and their corresponding program that needs to be closed before synchronization:
- .TXT - notepad
- .DOC / .DOCX - Microsoft Word
- .XLS / .XLSX - Microsoft Excel
- .PPT / .PPTX - Microsoft Powerpoint
- .PDF - Adobe Reader
- Make sure that their corresponding programs are closed.
- Wait for a few minutes in case the file is being uploaded from another computer.
- Try synchronizing the file again.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Getting the “REMOTE_FILE_LOCKED” error message when trying to synchronize a file in SafeSync
Thank you for your feedback!