- Ensure that the virus pattern is updated to the latest version, and the VSAPI version is above 9.7.
- Add a temporary attachment blocking rule to block the screen saver file or SCR extension and enable the Block attachment types or names within compressed file option.
- Perform a manual scan to all the Exchange mail store to clean up all the mailboxes that may contain the virus that arrived prior to the virus pattern update.
- For Exchange 2010 SP1 or above with installed SMEX 10.2 SP2 or SMEX 11.0, use the Search & Destroy feature of SMEX to find the infected attachment and delete it manually.
- For infected endpoint computers, quarantine the infected machine by disconnecting it from the network. Then, run the endpoint virus scan tools like OfficeScan (OSCE) with latest virus pattern to remove the virus.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
ScanMail for Exchange (SMEX) solution for TROJ_UPATRE.YYRJ virus outbreak
Category:Troubleshoot; Remove a Malware / Virus
Thank you for your feedback!