You see the following error message when installing the WFBS MSA from the web console:
"The setup program could not analyze the target computer. Make sure to log into the computer as a domain administrator before trying again.”
The error occurs because the Windows User Account Control (UAC) is enabled, which blocks the MSA.
To solve the issue, disable the UAC and then retry the installation. Do either of the following to disable the UAC:
To disable UAC from the Windows Settings page, do the following:
- Open Control Panel, click System and Security, then click Action Center.
- Select Change User Account Control settings.
- Drag the slider down to the bottom to disable it entirely.
- Restart the machine as prompted.
- Re-install the MSA. You will no longer encounter the error message and should successfully install the MSA.
To disable the UAC from the registry, follow the steps below:
- Click Start, type "regedit" in the search box, then click regedit.exe.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
- On the right pane, look for the EnableLUA registry key.
- Double-click EnableLUA, then change the value to 0. To enable the UAC again, change the value back to 1.
- Restart the machine.
For more information, you can refer to this Microsoft article: Turn User Account Control On or Off.