The TMEE product is not found in the New Entity folder after adding the TMEE 5.0 Server on the Managed Servers under the Administration tab. For this reason, TMEE 5.0 Server cannot receive any policy deployed from the TMCM 6.0 SP2 Build 2500 console.
The error occurs when Hot Fix 2225 or 2253 is not applied before upgrading to TMCM 6.0 SP 2.
To solve the issue, do the following:
- Go to %Program Files%\Trend Micro\Control Manager\WebUI\WebApp\widget\Repository\widgetPool\product to check if the TMEE folder exists.
If the TMEE folder exists, proceed to Step 2.
If the TMEE folder is missing:
- Request for a copy of the hot fix file 2525 from Trend Micro Technical Support. For Premium Support Program (PSP) clients, contact your Technical Account Manager (TAM) directly.
- Install the hot fix file.
- Go to %Program Files%\Trend Micro\ControlManager\WebUI\WebApp\widget\Repository\widgetPool\product to verify if the TMEE folder appears.
- Log in to the TMCM console and go to Administration > Managed Servers.
- Select Directory Management and make sure that the TMEE product exists in the New Entity folder.
- Move the TMEE product to another folder outside the New Entity folder.
You may now start receiving deployed policies from the TMCM 6.0 console.