You encounter the following error messages when installing the WFBS Security Agent:
Installation unsuccessful. The installer could not prescan the computer. Search the Trend Micro Support site for Error code 311,0xfffffb59.
Installation unsuccessful. The installer could not copy the required files. Please restart the system and try reinstalling the Agent. Reference: Error Code 331.
These error codes appear when the Security Server of WFBS is installed on legacy systems. It can also happen with different root causes. To resolve the issue, do the following steps where applicable.
- Uninstall the Security Server.
- Click the Start button > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Select Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security from the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Download the installer of WFBS 10.0 SP1 (or higher) from Trend Micro's (changed link) Download Center. Make sure that you select the region and language applicable to you.
- Install the Security Server of the latest WFBS version using the downloaded installer. After successfully installing the Security Server, you will be able to deploy the Security Agents without any issues.
For installation error encountered involving prescan, you may try to disable the prescan option when creating an installer/client package. Then, retry the installation until successful. Refer to the KB article: Disabling prescan during Client/Server Security Agent (CSA) installation in Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS).
For installation error code 331, this may be caused by remnants from previous installation. To manually removing remnants of previously installed security agent, refer to the KB article: Manually uninstalling the Security Agent (SA) in Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS).
If issue persists, feel free to contact Trend Micro Technical Support.