This article discusses how to get browser developer logs. You can use this to investigate traffic when having issues with websites while the IWSaaS proxy is enabled.
Export HTTP traffic activity to into a file using Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Press the F12 button to open the browser developer tool.
- Click the Network tab, and then click the Start capturing button.
- Reproduce the issue by accessing the website.
- Save the packet into a file.
Export HTTP traffic activity into a file using Chrome
- Open Google Chrome, and then press F12 to open the developer tool.
- Check the Preserve log checkbox, and then reproduce the issue.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all packet, and right-click Save as HAR with content. Save the content into a file.
Export HTTP traffic activity into a file using Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Install add-ons by clicking Tool > Add-ons.
- Search for Firebug, and the click Install.
- Using Google, search for "netexport xpi".
- Click the first search result and get the latest .XPI file.
- Allow Firefox to install the .XPI file, and then install the file.
- Press F12 to open debug tool, and then click the Persist button.
- Reproduce the issue. Click Export > Save HTTP Tracing into a local file.
Once collected, send the log files to Trend Micro Technical Support for further analysis.