Learn the steps when installing patches through the comman line in IMSVA. Critical Patch 1516 is used for demonstration.
To install patches in a Windows environment:
- Download Critical Patch from Trend Micro Download Center.
- Extract ZIP file.
- In the extracted folder, you will find an archive file in TAR format:
- Upload this TAR file to the IMSVA environment via FTP.
For example, imsva_90_en_criticalpatch1516.tar.gz is uploaded in https://powerbox-na-file.trend.org/SFDC/DownloadFile_iv.php?jsonInfo=%7b%22Query%22%3a%22jn1XVHnvtwlVGuZ9XTrPudWOVgKHfE1fVf4mh9XXETNzppyagkiqn8dNtYSWWaYxQ5yILkKGNswp2usTVpK%2bMiTCaWJ0PytdFxdaUz242oc8sXsffJH8PJNHxr%2bDno4vGoFpWU9fUxfyR88tX%2fsR7Ma0uXdpSkx%2fIvgqs95%2fq460nnauyc8MEgScHpOkdPY7M0WjbF1XhH276XPtmp5Po2vYKlvxlVcMeayq18dHMsYiPUd1mcaD%2bU08E8nE5o9I%22%2c%22iv%22%3a%22db0d918f007fe97830d4cbc2e44b4cd2%22%7d
Via IMSVA command line:
- Log in as root.
- Extract imsva_90_en_criticalpatch1516.tar.gz using the command:
tar xzf file_name
- Open the extracted folder.
- Install the patch using the command:
- After the installation, you will see that related services are started.