Learn how to manually reset the WFBS management console password.
Reset the maqnagement console password manually without using the Console Password Reset Tool:
- Go to Services.
- Locate Trend Micro Security Server Master Service service from the list, right-click on it and select Stop.
- Go to ../Trend Micro/Security Server/PCCSRV/Private and make a copy of the ofcserver.ini file.
- Open the original file with Notepad.
- Search for Master_Pwd= and find the first result below [INI_SERVER_SECTION].
- Replace the information of the line with !CRYPT!523F7DC2E525044E2800FCDEA7E5D78B70C0A4165387060525E3EE66D5D2D2F460EA361E712B5F871FD473C7A6C as shown below:
- The string after "PWD=" is responsible for resetting the password to "trendmicro" (without quotes).
- Save the changes.
- Restart Trend Micro Security Server Master Service by going to Services, right-click on it and select Restart.
- Log on to the management console and use "trendmicro" as the password.
- Go to Preferences > Password to change password.
- Type the current password "trendmicro" and the new password twice.
- Click Save.
- Log out and verify if the new password is working properly.