- The malicious program detected is currently running
- The malicious program detected is attached to a valid Windows process
- Run a scan using Trend Micro Housecall by following the steps below:
- Download HouseCall and save it to your desktop.
- Click Run.
The HouseCall window will appear, wait for HouseCall to download the necessary components to run on your computer.
Note: The download time depends on the speed of your Internet connection.
- Read the license agreement.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Scan Type tab.
- Tick the type of scan you want to run, then click OK.
Below are the different scan types:
- Quick Scan
The program runs a quick check on areas where malicious software (malware) is most likely to be found.
- Full System Scan
The program thoroughly checks all files and folders in your computer for viruses and spyware.
Note: This scan type may take a while depending on the size and quantity of the files and folders in your computer.
- Custom Scan
The program allows you to select which files and folders you want to scan.
- Quick Scan
- Click Scan Now.
Wait for the scan to finish. A summary of threats found on your computer and the actions taken against detected malware is displayed.
- Click the X button on the upper right corner of the window to close.
Note: Visit the HouseCall page for more information on this free product.
- Contact our Technical Support for further assistance. To access the different contact options, refer to this Knowledge Base page: Ways to contact Trend Micro.