This article will show you different ways to check if the IMSVA Scanner Service is running.
There are 3 ways to verify whether the IMSVA Scanner Service is running or not:
- Through the IMSVA web console:
- Through email notification:
- On the web console, click Administration on the left pane and select Notifications.
- On the Events tab, locate System Status under System Events Notification.
- Locate the setting, "Service on any scanner stops for more than"; and select Email or SNMP, depending on which notification type you prefer to inform you that the Scanner Service has stopped.
- On the same setting, specify the number of minutes to indicate the duration of Scanner Service downtime that will trigger the notification.
Note: Selecting this setting will allow you to format the message to your preference, including setting variables for %SERVICENAME% and %HOSTNAME% (in case you have multiple IMSVA scanners).
- Through the shell command console:
- Log on to IMSVA via SSH using the root user and password.
- Note that the Scanner Service uses the process name “imssd”.
- There are two commands to choose from to check if the Scanner Service is running: