WFBS clients with multiple network interface cards or those in a Virtual Private Network (VPN) session may have multiple IP addresses that may cause a communication issue with the WFBS server.
To prevent this from occurring, you can configure the client to use a specific IP address via the registry.
To configure the client:
- Unload the WFBS client and then open the Registry Editor.
Important: Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Open the necessary registry key:
- For Windows 32-bit, open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion
- For Windows 64-bit, open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion
- From the menu, click Edit > New > String Value then name it as "IP Template".
- Right-click on IP Template then click Modify.
- Under Value data, enter the IP address you want the client to use for communication with the server, then click OK.
- Restart the OfficeScanNT Listener service.
- Verify if the client can connect to the WFBS server.