A scan engine debug (tmfilter.log) may be requested by Technical Support during scan issue problems.
This article shows you how to enable and disable scan engine debug using the Windows registry.
To enable scan engine debug:
- Open the Registry Editor.
Making incorrect changes to your registry can cause serious system problems. Always back it up before making any changes. Should issues occur with your system, refer to the "Restore the registry" help topic in regedit.exe or regedt32.exe.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TMFilter\Parameters.
- Replace the value of the "DebugLogFlags" key to "00003eff".
- Replicate the issue
- Restore the "DebugLogFlags" key to "0" to feactivate the debug mode.
- Go to %SystemRoot% folder to locate the TMFilter.log file and send it to Trend Micro Technical Support.