The Device Control feature is actively blocking or allowing the use of devices (e.g. USB drive). However, the action is not being logged on the OfficeScan server.
The issue may be caused by the logs not being sent from the OfficeScan Agent to the OfficeScan Server often enough. The default is 3600 seconds (1 hour). To resolve the issue, configure the OfficeScan Agent to send the logs more often:
- Log in to the OfficeScan Server host.
- Modify the file [OfficeScan Installation path]\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini.
- Locate "SendLogPeriod" and change its value to "1800" seconds (30 minutes) or lower. For example: "SendLogPeriod=1800"
- Save ofcscan.ini and close it.
- Open the OfficeScan web console.
- Go to Agents > Global Agent Settings.
- Without modifying any values on the page, scroll down and click Save.
Agents will now update. It may take some time for all the agents to receive the new configuration. To hasten the update on an agent, you may right-click on the agent's system tray icon and choose Update Now.
If the issue persists, contact the Trend Micro Technical Support.