In some situations, you want to configure the communication direction as Agent/Appliance Initiated for Agent-Initiated Activations (AIA) due to security reasons. This is useful when you prefer to have a single communication direction.
Using base policy for all the computers works for AIA. By default, its communication direction is Bidirectional.
To set an Agent Initiated communication direction for AIA machines only, do the following:
- Create a child policy on Base Policy.
- Open the Deep Security Manager portal.
- Navigate to Policy > Base Policy.
- Click New button.
- On the Inherit from drop-down list, select Base Policy.
- On the Agent/Appliance communication drop-down list, select Agent/Appliance Initiated.
- Activate the computers via AIA by running the following command:
dsa_control -a dsm://[managerurl]:[port]/ "policy:Policy Name"