When launching the NTP service on a TMCM 6.0 or 5.5 server, you encounter the following error message:
The Trend Micro Network Time Protocol service on your _TMCM_ server started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.
The error message appears because another process that uses the same network ports is running. To verify and resolve the issue:
- Go to Administrative Tools on your server.
- Open Event Viewer.
- Go to Application and System Event Log.
- Open the NTP service.
- Search error events using the source NTP from the time you tried to open the NTP service. If you get the following note:
Unable to bind to wildcard address 0.0.0.0 - another process may be running - EXITINGIt means that another process uses the same network ports as the NTP service.
- Go to Services to check if Windows Time Service is running. If Windows Time Service is running, stop and disable it.
- Restart the NTP service. It should open without any issues.
If this does not help, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.