This article describes how to transfer a local SQL database of Apex One to an SQL server on a remote machine.
To move the SQL database:
- Turn off Firewall.
This is optional. You may contact your Firewall Administrator if you encounter issues related to SQL connectivity.
- Turn on Network Discovery on both the local Apex One server machine and the target SQL machine. Make sure that the machines are connected.
- Use SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to back up the local Apex One SQL database to a backup file.
- Go to the target remote SQL server.
- Restore the backup file generated in Step 3 to a new database and set the file name. The database should now be on the remote SQL server.
- Go to the local Apex One server.
- Navigate to <Server installation folder>\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\SQL, and run SQLTXFR.EXE.
- Specify the Server name as follows: <host name or IP address of the SQL Server>,<port_number> or <instance name>.
- Specify the database authentication of the remote SQL server.
Make sure that the account has the required roles and permission. For more information, you can refer to Required permissions to migrate Apex One database using SQL migration tool.
- Set the database name to match the restored database name in the target remote SQL server.
- Click Test Connection to verify the authentication credentials of the remote SQL server.
- Click Start to apply the configuration changes.
If you encounter an issue when switching the database, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.