You want to transfer OSCE’s local SQL database to an SQL server on a remote machine.
To move the SQL database:
- Turn off Firewall.
- Turn on Network Discovery on both the local OSCE server machine and the target SQL machine. Make sure that the machines are connected.
- Use SQL Management Studio to back up the local OSCE SQL database to a backup file:
- Go to Options.
- Select “Backup to a new media set”.
- Go to the target remote SQL server.
- Restore the backup file generated in Step 3 to a new database and set the file name. The database should now be on the remote SQL server.
- Go to the local OSCE server.
- Open the SQL transfer tool, SQLTXFR.EXE.
- Select the “Switch to an existing OfficeScan SQL database” option.
- Confirm the authentication of the remote SQL server.
- Set the database name to match the restored database name in the target remote SQL server.
- Click OK. The SQL should be transferred successfully.
If you encounter an issue when switching the database, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.