You encounter the following error code when attempting to start the Security Server Master Service in WFBS 9.0:
Error 1053: Service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
After initial troubleshooting, the service is unable to start/restart.
To resolve the issue:
- Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ofcservice registry hive.
- Edit the ImagePath registry key. Add quotation marks (" ") on both ends of the path (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\Web\service\ofcservice.exe").
- Start the Security Server Master Service:
- Click Start > Run.
- On the Open field, type “services.msc”.
- Choose OK.
- Right-click Trend Micro Security Server Master Service.
- Click Start.
The WFBS 9.0 Security Server Master Service should start without issue. If the issue persists, perform an install on top of the WFBS 9.0 and reboot once done.