Learn how to upgrade the Virtual Mobile Infrastructure (TMVMI) and Secure Access. This procedure supports upgrading the following versions:
- 1.5, 2.0, and 2.1 to version 3.0
- 5.0 to version 5.1
Before performing the upgrade, make sure that the users are offline. If the users are online, TMVMI server will lose all the applications data and user data after upgrade. To forcefully disconnect all the users, you may consider stopping the server to execute the upgrade. It is also recommended to take snapshots of the server before doing the upgrade.
To upgrade TMVMI:
- Download the upgrade package for TMVMI.
- Log in to the TMVMI administrator web console.
- Go to Servers and stop all the servers.
- Copy the upgrade.tar.gz2 file to the /gluster/upload folder in the TMVMI server.
- Open a terminal connection to the TMVMI server using PuTTY and log in using an administrator account.
- In the TMVMI terminal, type the following command to upgrade the server to the new version:
- Reboot the TMVMI server.
- Go to the web console.
- Click Servers and then select the specific server.
- Choose Start.
To upgrade TMVMI Secure Access:
- Download the upgrade package for Secure Access.
- Copy the upgrade.tar.gz2 file to the /gluster/upload folder in the TMVMI Secure Access. You can create this folder first if it does not exist.
- Open a terminal connection to the TMVMI Secure Access server using PuTTY and log in using a root account.
- In the TMVMI terminal, type the following commands in order:
tar jxvf upgrade.tar.bz2
- Reboot Secure Access server.