For internal system calls, TMCM normally uses the m_strWebServer_Hostname value, which is found in SystemConfiguration.xml. If the IP address specified in m_strWebServer_Hostname does not bind to the interface, TMCM will not be able to run certain functions (e.g. create reports).
It is possible to configure TMCM so that it uses a different internal address to reference itself in case the IP address is not bound to the Network Interface Card (NIC). The following are examples that the customer can use:
- Loopback address (127.0.0.1)
- IP Address bound on the NIC
To resolve the issue:
- Make sure that TMCM 6.0 Service Pack (SP) 3 Hot Fix Build 3082 or a higher version is installed. If it is not installed, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support to obtain a copy and install it.
- Stop the Trend Micro Control Manager Service.
- Open a command line.
- Navigate to the \Control Manager folder.
- Execute the following command:
XMLModify.exe m_strLoopBackIP "" SystemConfiguration.xml (e.g. XMLModify.exe m_strLoopBackIP "127.0.0.1" SystemConfiguration.xml)
- Start the Trend Micro Control Manager Service.
TMCM should now be working without issue.